Accessibility at Lucas Oil Stadium
We strive to meet all needs of those who require help on Commencement day, and we ask for your patience. More than 15,000 people attend the ceremony, and it can take a little extra time and effort for our specially trained organizers to make sure that guests who use wheelchairs, have limited mobility, or require other accommodations enjoy the day and are comfortable.
Guests with Limited Mobility: No Prior Arrangements Required
- On the day of the ceremony, the Commencement team will accommodate the needs of guests who do not use wheelchairs but have difficulty walking, going up and down ramps, or climbing stairs, as well as individuals who use walkers or canes. Advance arrangements are not needed.
- Guests may be dropped off and/or picked up on the southwest corner pull-through location off Missouri Street, or on the northeast side of the stadium, on Capitol Avenue by the Colts Pro Shop. All entrances into the stadium are accessible.
- Parties must be complete before being seated. To accommodate every one's needs, large parties may be asked to separate, with some guests watching the ceremony from a general seating area. Guests may not save seats in Lucas Oil Stadium.
Guests Who Use Wheelchairs: No Prior Arrangements Required
Commencement staff will do everything in our power to ensure that guests who use wheelchairs have appropriate parking and seating accommodations. We ask that they arrive at Lucas Oil Stadium no later than 8:30 a.m. to make it possible to meet all needs satisfactorily.
- Accessibility parking is available in the South Lot of Lucas Oil Stadium. Only drivers presenting government-issued accessibility parking permits or license plates will be admitted to that lot.
- Seating in wheelchair sections is limited. Some members of large groups may be directed to other nearby seating.
- IUPUI requests that wheelchair users bring their own wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Parties must be complete before being seated. Guests may not save seats in Lucas Oil Stadium.
Guests with Hearing Impairments: No Prior Arrangements Required
Open captioning will be provided for guests with hearing impairments. There will also be a limited number of seats in view of an American Sign Language interpreter for those with that preference.