Congratulations on graduating! Here are some things you can do to get ready for Commencement.
How To Prepare
Are you eligible to participate in Commencement?
You are eligible if you are:
- An undergraduate student who has completed or will complete degree requirements for graduation by between December 2019 and August 2021
- A master’s or doctoral degree candidate who has completed or will complete degree requirements from September 2019 through August 2021
IUPUI does not hold a winter Commencement ceremony. We invite all eligible graduates to attend IUPUI Commencement in May.
All degree candidates must apply to graduate. Submitting a graduation application by your degree program’s stated deadlines means:
- Your degree will be awarded.
- You will receive a diploma.
- You will receive important Commencement information.
- Your name will appear in the Commencement program.
Degrees will not be awarded without a graduation application on file with your academic unit.
Each school or department has its own application process that you must follow in order to be eligible for graduation. Contact your school’s recorder to learn more.
If you applied to graduate for a previous date, but did not graduate, you must reapply for a future term. Contact your school or department directly if applying after these priority deadlines.
- Spring semester: October 15
- Summer semester: January 15
- Fall semester: May 15
And while you’re at it, invite anyone you wish. Tickets are not required for IUPUI Commencement or any school recognition events.Order announcements
Get your diploma
Each school has its own method for distributing diplomas. Check with your school contact(s) to learn more.
In the meantime, consider ordering a diploma frame to show it off. Find your size in the list below:
- Indiana University doctor of medicine, law, and dentistry diplomas: 16x20"
- All other Indiana University diplomas: 8.5x11"
- Purdue undergraduate diplomas: 7.5x9.5"
- Purdue graduate diplomas: 8.5x11"