Know the requirements and documents you need six months before visiting
Traveling from outside the U.S. can be different depending on the originating nation’s laws and COVID-19 status.
All international guests will need a printed letter of invitation to obtain their visas. A visa is a stamp for your passport that permits entry into the country.
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) helps guests who will be traveling internationally to attend Commencement. To get the process started:
- Visit the U.S. State Department’s country-specific travel advisory webpage. Conditions can change with travel advisories and COVID-19 information.
- IUPUI students log in to one.iu.edu using their IU login.
- Follow the links to “Letter of Invitation.”
- A notarized letter of invitation will be prepared for international family members, and you will be notified by email when the letter is ready.
- IUPUI students can pick up letters from OIA. If you have questions they can be answered at that time.
International guests should feel free to contact the Office of International Affairs with questions about attending IUPUI Commencement.